On Page Optimization
On-Page Optimization in Search Engine Optimization essentially refers to all the activities which are carried out on the entire set of pages on a website, in order to make the content present there to be more relevant and attractively and neatly displayed, both for the Search Engines spiders to crawl and register them as well as the general visitor to be able to read and navigate through the information relevant to their area of interest.
Before doing anything with On-Page Optimization you first have to choose the right keywords for your site. If you follow under mentioned simple guidelines you will find that you will rank much better in search engines.
Our On page optimization guideline includes :
- Page Titles : Titles are very important to on-page optimization. The titles show up at the top of the browser and are often used by search engines as the title in search engine results. The title is a good place for keywords. Make the title direct, to the point and ensure that all the pages on your site have their own unique titles. It is best about choosing, arranging and inserting the key phrases in a manner which would yield the best possible results.
- Internal Hyper Linking : This is a two-pronged exercise, which one-hand, helps the Search Engines spiders to crawl through the information present on a certain page to another, on the other hand it helps the user navigate back-and-forth on the pages, looking for the information of their interest. It is a yet another excellent way to retain the visitors for a longer period of time and hence the chances that they will get in touch with you increase.
- Headings : It is a technical tool that is implemented in the HTML codes of a page, in order to increase the prominence of certain important key phrases so that it is noticed by the search engine crawler amongst the vast information displayed on a page.
- Keyword Density : It essentially means that a particular web page must contain the key phrases it wishes to promote itself upon. Hence the objective remains to increase the relevancy of the textual information laid out on a page with reference to the key phrases which a prospective interested visitor may type on search engines seeking related results. It is achieved by maintaining a certain amount of key phrases in the web page.
- Meta Tags : These are description with the targeted key phrases inserted into a web page’s html codes which are essentially meant to attract the attention of search engine spiders/crawlers to indicate and highlight the area, about which the page promises to provide information. Make sure each page on your site has it’s own unique meta description tag. The meta description is often used to describe the page in the search engine results after listing the page title. Having a relevant meta description increases the chances that people will click on your listing.
- Image Optimization : Images not only help in displaying information in an appealing manner but also grab and hold visitor’s attention. Since they form such an integral aspect of the content present on your website it is absolutely essential to optimize them with the key phrases pertaining to your industry and use them to work towards getting you a better ranking on Search Engine’s like Google, Yahoo MSN etc.